Got TransACT!

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 20:23:52 EST 2001

After a _really_ long wait, I have finally got TransACT this afternoon.

Had to help the "cable guy" with pulling Cat. 5E cable under a part of
my floor as he was a little larger than me and wouldn't fit under. I am
quite impressed with the installation crew's willingness to do things
my way rather than the quick and hacky way that other installation guys
have adopted when working on my house. Not bad for a free installation.

Although I originally asked for TransWeb (data service), I am going to
unsubscribe from that tomorrow (don't even know if I have it yet) until
such time as TransACT enable peer-peer networking (I am quite happy with
my 11Mbps wireless link for Internet access). I am hoping this act
might encourage TransACT to think that there actually is a demand for
the (free) peer-peer service.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.