IDE Error / Status message.....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 21 09:36:04 EST 2001

G’Day,

I was in the middle of doing a dselect package install download which I was
having problems with. I then (stupidly) did a dselect update which cause the
package I was downloading as well as some other packages to be updated. I
now seem to have the following benign error that appears everytime I do a
pon / poff:

{ide_register_module} {ide_dump_status}
Warning /boot/System.map-2.4.9 does not match kernel data
{ide_register_module} {ide_dump_status}
Warning /boot/System.map does not match kernel data

So now the obvious questions arise:

1.	What does the above mean?
2.	Should I be doing a apt-get dist-upgrade just to be safe? Or did the fact
that I got 100+ packages as part of my install (after performing apt-get
update) mean that I did that by default?

TIA

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com <mailto:d.edye at bigfoot.com>  Web:
www.edye.wattle.id.au/ <http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/>
“If I throw a stick will you go away?”
“Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!”
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org