Hardware Help

Paul Lawton p.lawton at adfa.edu.au
Fri Oct 19 14:05:40 EST 2001

Guys, slighty off topic,

I've just bought a new Celeron 950 and trieedd to whack it in my Abit BE6-II. It doesn't work. I borrowed an 850
and it didn't work either. I've upgraaded the BIOS, it now supports up to 1GHz PIII. I changed all the bios settings
appropriately (CPU voltage, bus speed, multiplier). Still no joy. I even bought a new 'Slotket' adapter. Nothing. not
even POST.

Do I need a special Slotket for a FC-PGA?

BTW, I had previously (and currently) running a 500MHz (66MHz bus) PGA Celeron.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Paul.