Downstream Apt-Proxy.....

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Thu Oct 18 10:37:18 EST 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, David Gibson wrote:
> No, because apt-proxy uses rsync on the upstream side, not http.  I
> beleive this is somewhere high on the list of features that apt-proxy
> should really have just as soon as somebody can be bothered
> implementing it.

Whoops.  Forgot we use an in-house apt-proxy that does http.

Hmm, even if the LAN proxy had an rsync server on it serving the
apt-proxy cache, and the dialup proxy configured as before, you'd still
have the problem that the dilaup would get packages not in the LAN proxy
itself.  You don't want to have it then push those packages upstream
because that's twice the bandwidth lost.

I'll have a chat with the author of our apt-proxy...

--
Matt