Downstream Apt-Proxy.....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 17 18:03:58 EST 2001

G’Day,

I am connected via dial up to my work LAN. On the work LAN we run apt-proxy
on one of our boxes so that we can update all our linux boxes from there.
What I would like to do is run an apt-proxy on my dialup gateway that acts
as a downstream proxy from the proxy running on the LAN. Ie. Dial up proxy
uses info stored by LAN proxy. Should LAN proxy not have the info then it
goes and gets it. Dial up proxy then uses that fetched info. All machines
behind Dial up proxy all use the dial up proxy.

I hope that makes sense. All pointers appreciated.

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com <mailto:d.edye at bigfoot.com>  Web:
www.edye.wattle.id.au/ <http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/>
“If I throw a stick will you go away?”
“Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!”
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org