Remote File System...

Sam Couter sam at topic.com.au
Sun Oct 14 18:14:03 EST 2001

Donovan J. Edye <d.edye at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Pretty much all of the above. My primary box is still a Win2K box. I want to
> be able to see the file systems on both DEV & GW from that box. Yes DEV does
> have X on it, but I don't want to have to start up a Win32 X Server every
> time I want to see the file system on GW from my Win2K box. I would like to
> be able to browse it in Windows Explorer just as I can the DEV box.

Install and configure samba, just as you've done on the DEV box.

It's not as secure as ssh (it's plaintext instead of encrypted, the
authentication is much weaker, etc), but ssh doesn't give you file
sharing services and samba does.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam at topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |