Remote File System...

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 14 12:37:17 EST 2001

G'Day,

I have 2 boxes both running Debian unstable. A gateway box (GW) and an
internal box (DEV). I want to keep the GW box as secure as possible so the
only access into the box is via SSH. The DEV box does however have SAMBA on
it. My primary workstation (WKS) is however a Win2K box. My questions are:

1.	I would like to allow WKS to see the file systems of GW & DEV
easily. DEV is no issue as it is running SAMBA. How do I see GW from WKS in
a secure fashion?
2.	I would like DEV to be able to see GW's file system in a secure
fashion? This is so that I can access it from the command line.

In short I want GW to be as secure as possible and not give anything away
about the other machines on the network. GW should not have any visible
connections to other machines in the network.

TIA

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com <mailto:d.edye at bigfoot.com>  Web:
www.edye.wattle.id.au/ <http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/>
"If I throw a stick will you go away?"
"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!"
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org