X11 for Windows

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Fri Oct 12 16:25:31 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:
> I am currently running a couple of boxen from WinNT using
> Exceed, which is pretty horrible compared to XFree86 (both for
> performance and ease of use).
>
> Anyone recommend any non-sucky X11 servers for Win32?

x-win32 is nice.  Expensive, too (not quite/anywhere near as expensive
as Exceed though).  Rasjid's little program works pretty well too.

Another option is to use VNC, my personal favourite is TridiaVNC
(http://www.tridiavnc.com/)

I've seen both x-win32 and VNC in use in various large commercial /
government networks also.  Take that for whatever its worth ;-)

Cheers,

--
Matt