The continuing joys of transact

andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au
Fri Oct 12 14:09:13 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Kim Holburn wrote:

[...]
> I've rung them every day.  They keep saying maybe tomorrow it will
> work.  Last night I got very slightly upset on the phone to the call
> centre and the guy on the phone got really upset and said :

Yeah, you have to call during office hours to talk to someone useful.
I've got their human phone answering service a number of times - nothing
you can really do but call back the next day (and tell the transact
people, when you speak to them, how useless it is having contractors
answer the phone when said contractors can't actually do anything).

> The one of the techs rang after that and went (yet again) through the
> procedure to reboot the set-top box.  It appears the box is working
> and connecting somewhere in the ATM cloud but nothing happens, it
> never does anything after that.

And they haven't tried replacing the box?  Ask specifically to have your
box replaced - it might help.

I was having a problem with their menu system on the tv side of things -
and since I hardly watch any tv at all, I really didn't care, but I
mentioned it to them, and after a couple of days of phone tag with one of
their contractors, said contractor made an appointment to take a look at
the problem.  He then showed up with a replacement box, had a look at the
problem, swapped the boxes over, and that was that. (the new box had a
different problem... but he noted that (it was due to them not updating
the stb's MAC address in the VOD databases properly), and it was fixed
that afternoon).

Andrew