The continuing joys of transact

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 12 12:50:56 EST 2001

At 12:39 PM +1000 12/10/01, <andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Kim Holburn wrote:
>
>>  It's still out.  A four day outage is not a technical problem, it's a
>>  management problem one way or another.
>
>Well, it Works For Me(tm).  I noted the outage monday morning, reread the
>email I'd received from them a couple of days earlier (if we need to take
>the network down, it'll be done on the morning of the second or forth
>monday of the month (as last monday was)), and accepted that.  Then there
>was a problem tuesday around 3:19pm - my STB crashed, apparently (I was in
>brisbane, and had to phone home to get someone to look at it), but my
>link's been up ever since, and I've been using it.
>
>I assume you've given them a ring?  I've had a couple of problems with
>transact now, but each time they've been resolved quite quickly.

I've rung them every day.  They keep saying maybe tomorrow it will
work.  Last night I got very slightly upset on the phone to the call
centre and the guy on the phone got really upset and said :

"I don't work for Transact, I just work at the call centre, it's no
use getting upset with me, I've had to deal with hundreds of calls
from people very upset."(!!!!)

The one of the techs rang after that and went (yet again) through the
procedure to reboot the set-top box.  It appears the box is working
and connecting somewhere in the ATM cloud but nothing happens, it
never does anything after that.

Kim

Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  P/F: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
      Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)