ipchains masquerade

bert bert at polkosity.cjb.net
Fri Oct 12 08:05:12 EST 2001

Hi,
As I understand it(which is probably not how it is) the timeouts in the 2.4
kernel are hard coded.  That is they are in the source for ???? network
module.  Ipchains was designed for the 2.2 kernels, where you could change
this stuff.  You can always edit the source if you REALLY need to change the
time outs.  I heard some where that they aren't really important with 2.4 or
that may have been with iptables.

Bert