squid???

Patrick Cole z at amused.net
Wed Oct 10 01:43:07 EST 2001

Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:20:34PM +1000, bert wrote:

> I've already configured squid, it seems to be working fine, except when no
> proxy is specified in the web browser.  The request does get redirected to
> squid, but somewhere the full web address gets stripped from the request.
> I just recompiled with --enable-linux-netfilter. Supposedly squid don't work
> to well with netfilter unless U use this option, but it didn't make any
> differrence.
> Squid is still working fine as non transparent. but doesn't work from
> mozilla as a transparent.  However if I use the client program that comes
> with squid it works fine.  Can anyone help me.

You've configured squid to be a HTTP accelerator?  Trans proxy will only
work if your browser is sending HTTP/1.1 requests. Squid takes the Host:
header of the request and uses that to make the connection.

--
Patrick Cole - Debian Developer <ltd at debian.org>
             - John Curtin, ANU <Patrick.Cole at anu.edu.au>