Disk enclosure

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com.au
Mon Oct 8 12:53:28 EST 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Burn Alting wrote:

> Can any direct me to a good supplier for disk enclosures in Canberra?
>
> I'm looking for a 7 drive bay enclosure ... with a decent PSU (300-350W) and
> UDMA100 cables.

Last year I bought an 8 disk hotswap SCSI rackmount enclosure from ASI to
connect to a Linux server.   It has single or double busses inside.  The
fixed part of the caddies just has a standard connector on the back so you
can configure it however you like.

They dont make them but they were able to sell us one.  Their office is in
Cambell on Constitution Avenue.

We even had to make a warrantee call and someone came onsite.  I'm not sure
if the onsite part was an option we had to pay for.

> Burn Alting

Brett