[Q] Newbie PPP dial up problem

David gadicath at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 19:33:05 EST 2001

On Sun, 07 Oct 2001, Donovan J. Edye wrote:

> I have no firewalling whatsoever in place. Can someone please point me
> in the direction of a FAQ / HOWTO that shows how to set up a LAN /
> Dialup configuration such as the above?

	I think you would need to setup either Masquerading, or a
http/ftp proxy depending on what you're trying to achieve.  Squid isn't
too bad if you're looking for a http/ftp proxy, but it might be a bit
big for what you need.  If you want to use masquerading have a look at
the following url:

http://www.linuxguru.com/docs/howto/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO

--
Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!