Modem issue in Debian PPC

Stephen York steve.york at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 4 12:02:24 EST 2001

Hi, I recently setup Debian PPC 2.2 R3 on my G4 PMac.
Initially I was able to setup a ppp connection and do some upgrades.
Afte installing Kernel 2.4.8, and many other things, my modem connectino
has disappeared, and I can't work out how to get it back.

I'm primarily running KDE 2.  I'm basically having truouble getting a
response from the modem.  I've tried ttyS0 - 3, but can't actually query
the modem.
I've tried using minicom as well, but can't actually make it happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stephen York