Problems Building Kernel 2.4.9

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 2 23:13:50 EST 2001

G'Day All,

I have decided to take the plunge and build my very first kernel. I
downloaded the source to 2.4.9 and then used make menuconfig to set what I
wanted. Followed this with:

make dep
make clean
make modules
make bzImage
make bzlilo

However when when my Debian system comes up (well it doesn't) I get the
error modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1. I have physically
searhed the disk and cannot find a module by that name. It appears that it
may be related to "Packet Filtering" on the network page as used by tcpdump
when it (Packet Filtering) is installed as a module. Well it is not
installed as a module, so I am now rather lost. Can anyone point me in the
right direction please?

TIA

--Donovan