File system tricks

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Mon Oct 1 21:38:44 EST 2001

On  1 Oct, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
>  Have a look at the internation crypto patches for the kernel. due to
>  US export restrictions they are stores seperately. Thesep poatches
>  implement several types of crypto filesystems

I checked it out and it looked like a nightmare.  Appeared to only work
for 2.4.7, had many problems (like if you moved the file you had the
potential to corrupt it).

However there was a link to loop-AES, which is a dream.  Works with 2.2
and 2.4 kernels, has patches for util-kernel so that mount will ask you
for your password, etc.  Nice!

I have it running now, and it didn't take 20mins to get working.

I just wish there was one that would tie in with my GPG key so it all
worked together.

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,