Permanent IP

arthur chan achana at netspace.net.au
Mon Oct 1 02:16:56 EST 2001

Hi, virtual people.
I have similar problems with acquiring permanent IP address with
Netspace, even though I have a business account. The trick is that if I
take up other services such as DSL, then I can have up to 64 (route and
broadcast addresses included in that).
Bigpond says it will give me up to 64 IP address  as well if I sign up
for their services .
Problem is, I have rented a place which is "wired" (ISDN, Broadband
etc)  and I can only have that office if I go through their service
provider instead of my current ISP.
I am addressing this issue of bundling IP addresses with inappropriate
(and often expensive) services to APNIC. If you have similar problems
can you please do so likewise.
If any one out there needs 4 IP addresses (2 useable plus 2 for
broadcast and routing) for legitimate purposes , please email me so that
I can continue my discussion with APNIC.