tools for monitoring monthly traffic

Oscar Bosman oscarb at netspeed.com.au
Fri Nov 30 23:43:52 EST 2001

jeremy at itassist.net.au wrote:

> pppstats for a quick overview (but vanishes when you disconnect)
>
> ipchains and iplog give much more detailed breakdowns, although IPchains
> can be configured to give a 'total traffic since last reset' figure.
>

> On 30 Nov, Damien Elmes wrote:
>>game. i just write to enquire if people have experience with software
>>which can keep track of the traffic done in a month's period, seeing
>>as how i'm going to have to do this myself now.

You could also have a look at ipac (www.ipac.org).  It seems to have all
sorts of options, including pretty graphs.  It is distributed with
smoothwall, (if you plan to use that for your ADSL gateway/router/firewall).

I am in the middle of modifying my smoothwall front page to show
ipacsum --timeframe "this month"
exactly so that I can track monthly usage.

Oscar
--
You are in a maze of twisty little standards, all different.