Can linux update rewritable CDs?

Everard Edwards EEDWARDS at rsbs.anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 30 09:28:23 EST 2001

the (2.4 at least) kernel does support the packet written filesystem if
that's what you mean (UFS, or UDF or something...)  I don't know whether any
software really supports it though and the write access to the filesystem is
described as dangerous!  Alternatively multisession support is fine if
that's what you mean, cdrecord supports it.  Although I use the xcdroast
front end which seams pretty feature full and stable.
  Ev

Dr E.J. Edwards
Environmental Biology Group
RSBS
The Australian National University
GPO Box 475
Canberra
ACT 2601
Australia

ph: +61 (0)2 6125 3547
fax: +61 (0)2 6125 4919
email: eedwards at rsbs.anu.edu.au

>>> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org> 11/30/01 12:07am >>>
Someone asked me whether I could use a linux machine to add a file to a
rewritable CD, like you do with those programs in windows.

cdrecord seems totally geared towards writing complete tracks, partial
updates don't seem to be supported.

Any ideas? Is it just a matter of adding another session with just the
files
you want (with the right directory tree) and expect the readers to sort it
all out?
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/
> Terrorists can only take my life. Only my government can take my
freedom.