LINUX BUSINESS

Chris Wallis walski at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Nov 29 16:17:20 EST 2001

Talking about alternate standards, I was today trying to surf a website that
was Lynx unfriendly was all gfx with no alt tags. I think there should be
more support for other OS's around out and about. I think this will change
hopefully when Linux finds it self on more and more users desktops with KDE2
and the like. We are getting there slowly from my point of view but at least
we are moving towards equal footing with windows.

Could incompatible webpages that do render in IE and don't render Mozilla
for Linux could that beach freedom of information act ? (Case in point SOGOC
getting sued over webpages that was not accessible to the disabled?)

It pretty mind boogleing thinking about all the legal stuff if you are a
government dept or any company for that matter.

-Wal