LINUX BUSINESS

John Griffiths john at capmon.com
Thu Nov 29 13:19:00 EST 2001

>> My question is this: can anyone point me to a
>> lobby GROUP i could join in CANBERRA that will try
>> and get the govt information and others to be
>> accessable to USERS of different platforms such as
>> LINUX?
>
>I'd be willing to help lobby.
>
>You could see if Linux Australia is interested in helping.
>http://www.linux.org.au/
>
>Rasjid.

Seriously the best way to approach this is to:

1) expand the linux user base which is important to
make point 2 work.

2) complain as a private citizen in every case your
access is denied because of your OS preference.

If they get one letter/complaint/demonstration they'll do
as little as possible.

But the desire to do as little as possible is our friend.

If they get 1,000 complaints they have to respond to,
then the path of least resistance may become to
actually FIX THE PROBLEM.

Pen and paper is best but even an email every time you
hit a glitch can make it worth their while to actually fix it.