Mozilla 0.9.6 problem

Justin Deutsch darkmist at goldweb.com.au
Mon Nov 26 18:31:15 EST 2001

Hi,

I think you will find the problem is the URL itself.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:09:20AM +1100, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
<snip>
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The target tells the browser to try and open freshmeat.net in the
frame/window with the name "_blank" if this frame/window does not exist
then the browser will typically open the link in a new window, in the
same way using the middle mouse button does.

There are some special targets the following is taken straight from the
HTML4.01 spec http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-frame-target.
Older browsers did not support this, and I suspect older versions of
Mozilla did not either.

6.16 Frame target names
Except for the reserved names listed below, frame target names
(%FrameTarget; in the DTD) must begin with an alphabetic character
(a-zA-Z). User agents should ignore all other target names.

The following target names are reserved and have special meanings.

_blank
The user agent should load the designated document in a new, unnamed
window.

_self
The user agent should load the document in the same frame as the element
that refers to this target.

_parent
The user agent should load the document into the immediate FRAMESET
parent of the current frame. This value is equivalent to _self if the
current frame has no parent.

_top
The user agent should load the document into the full, original window
(thus canceling all other frames). This value is equivalent to _self if
the current frame has no parent.

--
Justin 'Doychi' Deutsch
jldeutsch at email.com