(no subject)

simonb at webone.com.au simonb at webone.com.au
Fri Nov 23 17:16:54 EST 2001

oh, this is a cool article from ESR.
especially the following:

"

/Stupid:/ I'm having problems with my motherboard. Can anybody help?

    J. Random Hacker's response to this is likely to be "Right. Do you
    need burping and diapering, too?" followed by a punch of the delete key.

/Smart:/ I tried X, Y, and Z on the S2464 motherboard. When that didn't
work, I tried A, B, and C. Note the curious symptom when I tried C.
Obviously the florbish is grommicking, but the results aren't what one
might expect. What are the usual causes of grommicking on MP
motherboards? Anybody got ideas for more tests I can run to pin down the
problem?

    This person, on the other hand, seems worthy of an answer. He has
    exhibited problem-solving intelligence rather than passively waiting
    for an answer to drop from on high.

"

hehe :)

i wasn't impressed either
with the original message in this thread;
but i am currently pondering
endiannes, as i am working on a
game that will hopefully work on
BE machines aswell as my LE, and
i was considering asking about it
(it always confuses me) but the FAQ
link ... well, i'll be pondering it some
more... i also have some code examples
to chew on...

Simon B