TransACT

Oscar Bosman oscarb at netspeed.com.au
Wed Nov 21 23:54:12 EST 2001

Yep. I'm running Smoothwall to TransACT/Netspeed.

Install it. It just works.

I have an old x486-66/28M/300M as the smoothie box (no CD).  Bought 2
nic's from Renew for $10/each (look for the one with jumpers to set the
irq & mem address, if your mobo doesn't do plug-n-play).  Created boot
floppies and did an http install.  Did the loopback thing to unpack the
ISO. Instructions are all in the back of the manual. If you can't follow
it mail me.

Once you're up, mail me and I tell you how to stop the multicast junk
from filling up your firewall log.

Oscar

--
You are in a maze of twisty little standards, all different.