TransACT

andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au
Wed Nov 21 22:47:52 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

[...]
> I'm not too familiar with the whole PPPoE thing.  I'm assuming that
> technically it will be possible to see both the 'outside' internet and the
> 'TransACT' intranet (when the peer-to-peer things gets going) simultaneously.
>  Is this a fair assumption (from a technical perspective)?

Hopefully it will be possible....
This has been discussed on this list a couple of times already - search
the archives.  I posted about it on September 28, and again on October 25.
I plan on asking about it at clug tomorrow (unless someone else asks first
:-)

> Does anyone know if TransWEB is likely to be compatible with Smoothwall?  Or
> even better, has anyone already got TransWEB working through Smoothwall?

Yes, and yes.  It's dead easy to set up, too.

Note that you'll need to sigh up with an isp before you can actually use
"TransWEB" - transact just provide the connection between you and the isp.
(unless you just want to use the internal network, of course :-)
I recommend *against* netspeed (you'll find lengthy reasons for this in
the mailing list archives too).

Andrew