Keysigning

Mark Purcell mark at purcell.aaa.net.au
Wed Nov 21 16:49:30 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:58:25PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 02:52:01PM +1100, Drake Diedrich wrote:
> > 3) Print out a bunch of copies of your public key fingerprint
> >
> > 	gpg --fingerprint {key-id}
>
> A long time ago now I remember seeing a reference to a program/script that
> could be used to quickly generate little business card sized bits with your
> fingerprint, email and some other details which you could quickly print out,
> cut up and hand out to people.
>
> Unfortunatly I have not seen or heard of it since. Does anyone have an idea
> of what I may be thinking of?

Maybe this:

http://www.debian.org/events/material

Business cards for developers

Since those people (developers or not) that dedicate quite some time
to Debian do so out of their spare time (and effort) it is nice to
prepare them a gift. A Debian business card is a cool thing to do, and
feels with proud those people that own one! Also, people that are in
charge of organising events and booths and get in touch with many other
proyect leaders and coordinators in social events. Giving out business
cards with the Debian logo contributes to Debian's image and is useful
to give out important information that you usually have to scribble on
paper (email address, your GPG fingerprint...)

There is a prototype for business cards you can use. Customizing it is
easy since you only have to edit the .tex file with the personal data
and run latex card.tex. Check out the result.

http://www.debian.org/events/materials/business-cards/

Mark