Traineeships

mobtek mobtekl mobtek at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 20 23:35:19 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:14:05 +1100
Leigh Finch <l_finch at blueskyinternet.com.au> banged a keyboard:

Leigh,
	If you go the CIT/TAFE way they are very Microsoft biased, I'm doing the
advanced diploma of software development, we've done one unix module with
solaris and some perl, and in a very superficial manner.
You be better off doing comp sci at uni and get broader approach IMHO.

cheers petervdm

ps. sorry if you got another similar message from me hehe

> g'day all,
> 	I know this is a little off the topic, but I was woundering if any of
you
> guys would know the best way to go from school, into the industry,
working
> with UNIX (any flavour,) and getting trained in it. Is UNI a good idea?
or is