I've screwed up sshd

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Mon Nov 19 20:23:58 EST 2001

...and all I did was change the IP address of the damned box.

Now I cannot log into it; all I get on the client is:

Running both the server and the client in debug is not much more
enlightening.  I have cleared out the various known_hosts files, and
recreated the server keys, but still nothing.

The TCP sessions does a SYN, SYN ACK, and an ACK to open the connection
but then the server immediately sends a FIN, which gets responded to be
the client, and everything promptly dies.  I can see no sign of any name
resolution being negociated, which I thought might have caused the
problem.

Ideas are more than welcome as I have lost my cluestick.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people