Q: mouse resolution under X

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sun Nov 18 11:53:03 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> Anyone has an idea how I can get back the basic full resolution? Does
> the X driver have anything to do with it? I run XFree86 4.0.2 with the

One thing you could try is assume that you get one interrupt per
pixel, see how many interrupts are generated across a certain distance,
and do the maths. If the assumption holds, this should tell you what
resolution the mouse has.

> Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.anu.edu.au/eyal/>

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\