Help!

Leigh Finch l_finch at blueskyinternet.com.au
Wed Nov 14 22:39:28 EST 2001

It could also be something to do the version of samba in stalled on the
server, windows XP may be trying to acces the server in a client /server
fashion, this is fine if you are running win 95 or 98, because of the way it
logs onto the domain.

windows 2000 is different (it uses CIFS rather than SMB), and XP being
similar to 2000 in allot of aspects, i would think the authintifacation would
also be similar. I would be tempted to update to the latest version of samba
(2.2.2) and not logging on to the network as a domain client, but instead log
on in a workgroup type configuration with user level security with the
FREEBSD server as the authinticator.

but this depends on the configuration of both the server and the clients.

cheers
Leigh Finch