POP3 - Mail Headers - Attachments...

alfred alfred at mazuma.net.au
Sat Nov 10 14:02:12 EST 2001

You can't :)
Attachments are made inline with mime headers. You could attempt to use
the "top" command to snaffle the mime header without grabbing the whole
message but this won't always work (e.g if there are two attachments,
the html text and then a picture, you would probably only grab the first
attachments details).

Donovan J. Edye wrote:

> G'Day,
>
> I am looking for a lightweight way using POP3 to determine:
>
> -          If a message has an attachment
> -          What the name of the attachment is
> -          What size the attachment is
>
> I have read the RFC's and cannot readily see a way to do this. I don't want
> to download the message to get this info. I just want to determine it from
> the mail headers if possible. Any ideas or pointers?
>
> TIA
>
> -- Donovan
> E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com <mailto:d.edye at bigfoot.com>  Web:
> www.edye.wattle.id.au/ <http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/>
> "If I throw a stick will you go away?"
> "Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!"
> GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
> and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org

Alfred Reynolds
alfred at mazuma.net.au