Linux scanner

David Murn scuffer at highway80.net.au
Thu Nov 8 00:18:40 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Simon Krix wrote:

> > Well, dick smith has a canon scanner which is supported by sane
> > for $99 I think.
>
> Actually, no driver exists for that scanner in SANE. There is a
> preliminary fb630u driver coming just being started, but other
> than that no USB scanners are supported by the Canon backend.

Im sorry, my mistake it wasnt a canon scanner, its a mustek scanner.  The
model number is correct though, and if you'd gone into dick smith to find
it, its the only scanner near that price, but I mis-remembered the brand
name.  Its a Mustek 1200UB not a Cannon.  (Again relying on memory for the
model number.. just go into dse and look for the scanner at that price
with almost that model name).

Davey