bsd compression

Leigh Finch leigh at blueskyinternet.com.au
Tue Nov 6 21:16:26 EST 2001

hi all,

just woundering if any of you would be interested in fielding a question on
bsd compression.

I've set-up a red-hat linux server to take the place of a win2k server with
exchange, but, I'm connected to iprimus,

now when i was connected to them at home, i kept loseing bsd-compression sinc
with the server and therefor rendered my connected basically useless to me, I
found i had no problems connecting to unix servers, so to fix that i switched
over to bluesky internet, and the problem was solved.

now the server i set-up is connected to iprimus, and cannot be changed
because it is their corporate thing with it's own ip and all email is sent to
it for sorting etc. is there a way I can disable bsd compression when using
rp3, or is there a dail-up program that will allow me to disable it. as i
don't want to disable it in the kernel, incase i want to connect to another
isp.