TransACT@CLUG this month

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Tue Nov 6 19:46:52 EST 2001

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

 > Does anyone know how effective the, say, Telstra caching is? What is
 > their average hit ratio(% or volume)?

I don't know about the ADSL plans or BigPuddle Home plans, but I'm
assuming they're the same - with the BigPuddle Direct dial-up links all
traffic to the cache is charged the same (lower) rate regardless of
whether its a hit or a miss. You just point your web browser or local
cache to the Telstra cache. All other traffic (email, IRC, etc) gets
charged at the normal rate.

Because of this, they don't tell us what our hit/miss rate with the
cache was.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  Watersprite Pty Ltd: