RADIUS

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Nov 5 19:27:28 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 11:12:02AM +1100, Stephen Granger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was talking to some people at last months CLUG meeting about radius, and
> the issue of chopping the "@myisp.com.au" bit off the end of a username when
> it comes to authenticate that user. I have a feeling that it has something to
> do with realms, though I'm not sure, and last time I tried setting up a realm
> I ended up breaking the system, disabling all authentication. I'm using
> IC Radius just for the record, built of cistron, which was based on livingston.

I'm not sure if it applies to your server, but on the one we use (i forget
which) there was a command RewriteUsername. We used it like so:

RewriteUsername s/@.*//

Solved the problem here. We also used a similar idea to deal with the NT
domain thing NT machines like putting on the front.

HTH,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/