linux mention in hansard

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Fri Nov 2 22:39:32 EST 2001

On  2 Nov, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> Trade Practices Act, Sec 46, "Refusal to Deal"
>
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 jeremy at itassist.net.au wrote:
>

>> I think they may also have a blacklist for stores that don't play the
>> way MS wants, and refuse those stores the 'good' deals that other
>> stores get.

True, but I was thinking of the Microsoft
Partner Network(or whatever they call it this year).  Once you join you
get discounts on licenses, free devel tools, etc.  Nothing that would be
refused to a normal customer, but much cheaper if you join up.  Given
the tight margins retailers run on, many wouldn't be able to say no.

I might have a go at seeing if I can get my hands on one of these
agreements - it would be very interesting.  Has anyone on the list had
dealings with MS?

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,