Hardware interfacing with Linux

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Nov 1 17:45:16 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:28:43PM +1100, Nathan Le Nevez wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in a demonstration on what can be done with
> Linux, and a parallel port? I've built a box that connects to the parallel
> port, with 8 relay outputs that is controlled with a simple C program. I'm
> currently looking at ways to monitor some inputs as well, then some very
> useful projects could be made...

Any thoughts about what you're going to do with it?

My dad now controls all the taps in his garden via a parallel port.
Completely automated garden watering system. Unfortunatly it's unlikely
he'll do a talk on it but I can post some details if anyone's interested.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/