Linux magazines

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.cx
Tue Dec 25 00:58:44 EST 2001

Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at bigpond.com> writes:

> I'm becoming less and less impressed with APC and its new 'glossy' format.
> I'm looking for a Linux replacement.
>
> Can anyone suggest some Linux mags that are worth looking at?
>
> I had a look at a friends copy of 'Linux Format' from the UK.  It looked okay.
>
> There is also 'Linux Magazine' (which as far as I can tell has a UK and US
> version, but not a Aust version).
>
> Also there is Linux Journal.
>
> Are there any others that I should be aware of?

i gave up the magazines a while ago. they're great while you're still
learning the basics but i can't justify spending money on them,
complete with all the ads, when i can get better content online for
free :-)

if you're after the whole community thing, like letters to the editor,
etc, then:

http://lwn.net

and

http://www.linuxgazette.com/