[SLUG] KDE reports home

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.cx
Mon Dec 3 07:00:03 EST 2001

Howard Lowndes <lannet at lannet.com.au> writes:

> So am I.  It's even harder trying to find out how kdeinit works.  I'm
> still trying to work out where it's .rc file is to see just what is going
> on.  It could be just the prompt I need to dump it - and not for Gnome
> either - I might go back to Windowmaker or even FVWM.
>
> Window manager flame war, anyone?

sawfish ;) i don't know if i could go back to a non-scriptable window
manager. say licq disappears of the screen due to some bug in its
handling of the mouse. i can whip up a shell and do:

reflex$ sawfish-client
sawfish 1.0.1, Copyright (C) 1999-2000 John Harper
sawfish comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the file COPYING

Enter `,help' to list commands.
user> (move-window-to (get-window-by-name-re "icq") 0 0)
user>

and bingo! it's back on the screen.

aaanyway.

well remember esd? arts, afaik, is basically that for the KDE world.
and if various apps start depending on it, that might mean getting rid
of it is not an option.

kde gurus jump in now :)

--
Damien Elmes