Information on dropbear.id.au and id.au domain

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Sun Dec 2 23:40:42 EST 2001

I am using emu.id.au domain and if I had the real static IP numbers
and ran a lower level DNS I could subdomain happy.emu.id.au.

emu.id.au is an id domain for those in the region of Canberra (SE NSW)
so lookup their site http://www.emu.id.au/ to get the full rules.

Policy for the EMU.ID.AU domain

  1.Entries available to non-organisational users personal systems
    in the ACT and SE NSW region in Australia
  2.No charge will be levied at present (may change)
  3.Will not provide mail alias functions for people whose accounts
    are on a large multi-user system.

You need to get a live system set up and then tell the emu admin
your DNS entries.  They don't like fooling around with them too
often as it is a free service so you need to come up with a plan
and stick to it.

Cheers
Neil Pickford
mailto:neilp at goldweb.com.au
http://happy.emu.id.au/

Peter Foley wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know of any other sites that are providing a similar service to
> dropbear.id.au and id.au domain?

<SNIP>