Information on dropbear.id.au and id.au domain

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Dec 2 20:33:25 EST 2001

Peter Barker wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Peter Foley wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of any other sites that are providing a similar service to
> > dropbear.id.au and id.au domain?
>
> Drake's already mentioned some of the pay-for services.
>
> > off these sites namely Andrew and Peter, I decided to check out the web
> > page.
>
> Eyal posts from emu.id.au every now and then...

Yes he does...

As a PCUG member I could get a domain in emu.id.au. I had to find
a kind friend to hold my MX record, and the PCUG now forwards all
mail for *@eyal.emu.id.au to my PCUG account (eyal at pcug.org.au).

I find this service invaluable. Not only does it offer an address
that does not depend on ISP, but I can give out customized email
addresses whenever I am asked for "your email". I can then always
know what the source of mail/spam is, and can handle incoming mail
in a more flexible way.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.anu.edu.au/eyal/>