Strange build problem w/ flex

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Sun Dec 2 05:15:10 EST 2001

Dear All

When I try to do a "rpm -ba" for my application, I get this error:

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I../src
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -I../intl   -Wall -g -c rcfile.cc
rcfile.cc:1528: declaration of `int isatty (int)' throws different
exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:668: than previous declaration `int isatty (int)
throw ()'
make[2]: *** [rcfile.o] Error 1

rcfile.cc is the product of flex++. What I do not understand is, why does
this only happen when I try to build the rpms? When I do a normal "make"
and even "make install" it compiles and installs smoothly.

I googled for hours and it seems that RedHat 7.0 had a broken flex that
gave the same error, but I use the most recent flex and it works just
fine - until I wrap my binary packages.

Can someone help me, please? Hope I didn't forget to include some
important information here...

Thank you!
Andi.

--
Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
[Upon losing the use of his right eye] "Now I will have less