Minimum Specs for Smoothwall

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Dec 1 23:41:37 EST 2001

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Chris Henman wrote:

> I've been running smoothwall on a 486dx100, 32MB ram for about 3 months.
> It supports up to 4 boxes, linux and/or windows, and connecting via a
> dialup v90.

Wow! Beefy!

The smoothwall box I have connected to transact is also a dx4/100. It
only has 8 meg of ram, though :-) 80 meg of swap. It currently masquerades
5 boxes.

At some stage all of my machines will rotate one-to-the right and I'll
have a beefier box there, but ATM, it's doing fine. In its previous
install it was an ad-hoc redhattish system which ran my modem for a couple
of years.

> csh

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\