Video capture cards for linux

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Dec 1 20:56:03 EST 2001

Hey folk.

I'm interested in being able to capture video streams onto a disc for
later playback. Please note that I don't just want to watch TV, I want to
be able to record and time shift it in the same manner as my VCR. Does
anyone have any experience with products that do this sort of thing (with
Linux)?

I'm especially interested in hardware recommendations.

On the software front, XVidCap seems to be on the right track, but is a
bit of a hack from the sounds of things (you what I want to do). Can you
do this with just plain old bttv?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)