nyetworking in 2.4

Mark Hummel mhummel at pcug.org.au
Fri Aug 31 00:39:45 EST 2001

Thanks to Bob and everyone who replied..

The status at the moment is that network wise, everything appears to be
working. The annoying things is I don't understand why it wasn't before.
The only thing I have observed is that on the switch the "100" light,
was not on when it wasn't working. Of course, that just raises more
questions about why.

It all appears to be reproducably working now (first go, too). I can only
think that some step was ommitted (or one inadvertantly added) on one of
the machines.

For completeness, I have answered a few questions:
The switch has an IP address of 192.168.0.1 (says the manual, and you can
telnet to it). Questions of switch configuration were raised, but I had a
10 base hub also to test with.

Thanks,

Mark.