Telnet error

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Aug 30 00:39:27 EST 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 07:20:20PM +0530, Vineesh U S wrote:

>  HI All,
>  How do I transfer a file using ZMODEM(sz and rz)
>  1. Do I need to specify the port?
>  2. Does it takes it by itself?
>  3. What other configuration should I do?

OK, this is going back several years now, but:

AFAIK, Zmodem is really only useful if your terminal client supports it. If
so, then to download a file you should be able to just type "sz file" and
your client should automatically pick it up. If not, forget it, try
something else.

To upload a file, type rz on the receiving end and tell your client to start
transmission. When the file is complete you should get your prompt back.

Zmodem is pretty self configuring, no options necessary.

Do people still use this? Last I used it was for BBS's.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/