GPL'd XServer for Windows

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Aug 27 21:05:49 EST 2001

Rasjid wrote:

> Anyone wanting to have a look at a little project of mine, please visit
> http://www.users.bigpond.com/rasjidw/
>
> It is a minimal install of Cygwin/XFree86 for Windows.  Only enough is
> installed to make connecting to an XDM server and font server easy.

I gave your package a further spin, this time running vmware on Linux
inside Xwin.

While it mostly worked, the first problem was that the backslash
character was missing inside the vmware machine (was OK on the
Linux desktop). This minor problem is a showstopper...

Rasjid, are you interested in such reports at all or should I address
these to the xfree.cygwin.com people?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.anu.edu.au/eyal/>