newbie: rh6.2 telnet performance...

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Mon Aug 20 14:27:41 EST 2001

> Can anyone please suggest where I should start looking??? The delay 'feels'
> like something is timing out somwhere, but I have no idea where to start
> looking!

This has been covered in detail in the archives.  There are a couple of
things your Linux box could be doing, but I'd take a guess that it is
trying to do a reverse lookup on the laptops IP number.

My personal recommendation is to put a line in your hosts file naming
the laptop.  Other people have trickier solutions, as I recall.

You can find more information on the hosts file by doing a 'man hosts'.

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,