Mandrake 8.0 problems

Arthur Chan achana at netspace.net.au
Thu Aug 16 12:44:00 EST 2001

Hi !
Okay, managed to install kernel 2.4.3 in order to get reliable USB
support
Mandrake seems to have moved all device drivers from
/lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/net     to
/lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/net    where they are all still
zipped up after installation.
Upon unzipping I found only realtek's 8139too.o  rather than the
rtl8139.o which I have been using with my eth0. Trying to configure the
network using Mandrake's GUI,  I have following error :
insmod'ing module 8139too failed at /usr/lib/libDrakeX/modules.pm line
510
Also, I have no access to all /mnt/<ANY DEV>, ie not to floppy, not to
CDROM and not to zip drives... , not even as root !
Questions :
* how do I gain access to my devices, I want to copy rtl3189.o over from
my old version to new directory to see if it works !